1990 - present
Owner and principal, InfoAnalyst, Seattle WA.
Current: Strategic business planning consulting at Microsoft. Message design, instructional design, market research
Recent projects: instructional design for Microsoft, business intelligence research for PriceWaterhouse Coopers, strategic marketing projects with Adobe Systems Corp., business development projects with IDX Systems Corp.
3/04 -2/06 Webmaster, Kitsap Regional
Library, Bremerton WA.
Design, and develop public web and internal intranet sites. Modify patron-facing screens and functionality in SIRSI catalog software.
9/01 - 4/02 Instructor, Northwest College
of Art, Poulsbo WA.
Developed and taught classes in Multimedia Design, Dreamweaver, Survey of Multimedia, and History of Graphic Design.
4/00 - 1/01 General Manager, founding
member. ShowMeTV, Redwood City CA.Instructional video on the web.
Planned, launched and managed a cutting edge online video directory. Prospected, selected and managed all video content. Developed marketing messages that convinced independent video producers to offer video content to us at no cost.
10/97 - 4/00 Product Marketing, Web Services
Director. Pointshare Corporation, Bellevue WA. Business-to-business e-commerce,
connectivity, and Internet application services for healthcare organizations.
Developed market strategies for all products. Established web marketing, usage
analysis, and competitive analysis that doubled click-throughs in six months.
Delivered an e-commerce site and medical portal site using usage growth and
targeted customer base to attract major affiliates, content, and advertisers.
9/96-10/97 Product Manager, PHAMIS, Inc./IDX
Systems Corporation, Seattle WA. Clinical and other applications for hospitals
and outpatient facilities. Took an eighteen month late upgrade and delivered
it four months later to key clients. Managed a successful user interface upgrade,
including thousands of screens.
9/93-9/96 Manager, Multimedia Products.
Launched this company's first online training production. Created popular series of multimedia products used by hundreds of people, including hard to please physician audiences, significantly reducing company and client training costs.
* Allyn and Bacon, College Div., Boston, Production Manager,
* Luis Szekely, Mexican economist, 1980. Compiled private economic publications for the Mexican government. Handled copyright permissions, production.
* MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, Production Assistant 1969-1973.
* BS 1983, magna cum laude, Management/Marketing, Babson College.
* Postgraduate work (no thesis) 1987, Instructional Design, Penn State.
* Masters coursework, Video technology, Emerson College.
* Education, Cognitive Psychology, Game Design, University of Washington.
* Network, internet, and intranet technologies, ASP, XML, CGI
* Web: Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, FrontPage, GoLive, HTML, HomeSite, SharePoint, UltraDev
* Layout: FrameMaker, InDesign, PageMaker, Publisher
* Graphics: Illustrator, ImageReady, Photoshop
* Multimedia: Authorware, Director, GoLive, ToolBook
* Office: Access, Office, Visio